Monday, October 13, 2008

MID-LIFE CRISIS

A MID-LIFE CRISIS

So are you having yours? Have you already had it? Or do you feel one coming on?
I have answered affirmative to all three already. My dilemma is what to do about it. There seems to be many response’s to it. These were a few of my initial thoughts. First, ask my wife, why? The questions are too numerous to list here. I don’t have that much time or patience. The second question arose when thinking of my children. Why? OK! You’re starting to get the picture. A mid-life crisis was diagnosis. So now the question is asked, what do you do? I decided to paint, create many home projects and use my hammer to tap away the frustrations.

Many people have chosen some remarkably unsound choices when facing these times. Some decide to return to their youth and take it back to the streets. However, I decided that the clubbing and weekend warrior activities were not for me. Some engage in affairs of the heart. However, they soon find that the roaring flame that once burned in their heart has begun to flicker. So again you ask why? Why aren’t you in that place you envisioned when starting your career? Why don’t the passion burn between me and my spouse still. Well, I decided that the answers are not in the stars, but somewhere inside of me.

I am coming to realize that it is my crisis, and that I am the one who must resolve it.
I believe it may be somewhere in my next visit to the Home Depot. I plan to look for it in either a shade of lamp blue paint or a space saver. What do you think?

BRAD

No comments: