Wednesday, January 16, 2008

BRADS BEAT BLOG POETS PLACE: YOUR COMMENTS ARE WELCOMED



POETS CORNER

Switching Lines- 4 to the D to the N

I was just switching trains from the 4 to the D, and all of a sudden, she was in front of me;
She had a pretty face short hair and beautiful eyes, but the anger in her voice caught me by surprise;
She said “today is the day”, No more games, And you better move quick if you want to catch this train;
We both took off running, and made it inside, right before the doors slammed shut, and we began our ride;
I thought to myself, who is this girl, she looks familiar, but; “What in the World”;
She started to speak, saying “Yeah today is the day” You can’t keep on looking with nothing to say;
I wondered ‘what in the world’ is she talking about, She said I saw you looking at me a million times on this route,
You always have this gaze like you are looking in my soul, and always look away when my eyes start to roll,
You always have this look like your about to ask my name, And then someone gets in between us, who was coming from the game.
“Come on stop playing”, cat and mouse in the crowd, Just tell how you feel for crying out loud;
I said as polite as I could, I think I’ve seen you before, usually on the D when I get off the 4,
I don’t remember staring, but, sometimes on the train, I day dream a lot, and that may explain my gaze, but if it looked like I was staring, I am sorry about that, I guess when I start to feel tired, I better pull down my hat;
She said, come on, “stop playing”, her voice getting loud, I can see some heads turning within the train’s crowd;
I said ‘you don’t have to play games’, “Today is the day” you see I am here in your face' and no one is getting in the way;
I wrote down my number, I want you to give me a call, And, I am getting off at your stop, In the Manhattan Mall,
I said, Today is the day, we would finally talk, If your too shy on a train, we can talk while we walk,
I said, let me take your number, And I will give you a call, But today, I am not getting off at the Manhattan Mall,
I said, I really would love, If we could be friends, But this is my stop, I have to catch
the N;
When I got off the train, I could not help but look back, Her eyes met mines as her number, fell on the tracks; ......ummm here comes the N


Brad

No comments: